What do they call this type of sailing vessel?

Many of us sailors think it is a schooner or square rigger, but the sailing vessel is a "bark" or "barque".  Barks are characterized as having one fore and aft rigged mast with 2 or more square rigged masts forward.

A Barquentine is characterized as having 2 for and aft rigged masts with the forward masts square rigged.

For a great display of barks and barquentines take a look at my tall ships parade web site at:

Return to Home page  [HOME]

Please give us your feedback about this site

Presented by  HE Web Design your Internet Presence Provider - IPP
and HOSTed by
















burgees.com burgeeshoppe.com beartraps.com marineelectronicshoppe.com Goldensteer.com QualityMarineProducts.com ChangingTideCreations.com  Wilson High Reunion 
  Marine Pressure Cooker  OxygenPartybar.com, MagneticJewelry.name, Waterpartyballs.com, waterballsafetycouncil.net NeriumAD